News about Twitter’s brand new redesign across its profile pages spreads like a wildfire! Don’t be left out!
Last April 22, 2014, Twitter – the second biggest social media today, after Facebook has announced a new profile layout which is now rapidly rolling out from few VIP’s to all of its users around the world.
New Features You Need to Checkout
What’s very noticeable in Twitter’s new layout design is the wider and bigger profile image and header size. Sort of like Facebook’s cover photo design to me honestly.
And I must say, as they continue to roll it out to the general users, starting to get used to its new features at an early phase is an advantage.
Here’s an excerpt from Twitter’s blog:
“What’s new about the new you? The new web profile lets you use a larger profile photo, customize your header, show off your best Tweets and more. Here are main features:
Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.”
How to Shift to the New Layout
Upgrading to the new layout is very simple. Here are the steps:
1. Login to your Twitter account here.
2. After successfully logging in to your profile page, you will be asked to take a peek at the new layout. Don’t be shy! click “Take a look!”
3. You will then see what your old profile page will look like in the new layout design. By clicking “Turn it on!” you agree to get the new layout for your Twitter profile.
As of now, you still have the option to change to the new layout or stay to the old one. But again, as expected, they’ll soon push the new layout so getting used to it at an early phase is helpful.
4. After successfully upgrading your profile, you might feel excited to change the header and other images, which is cool! Read on for a full guide to setting up your Twitter images! : )
38 Fresh Header Samples
If you don’t have any ideas yet for the best image you’ll use for your Twitter profile, I encourage you to take a look at these cool samples I’ve recently collected.
9. @Dodo Official
5 Best Free Image Sources for Twitter Headers
I know how time – consuming it is or even expensive to get a high quality photo for your Twitter header so, I’ve managed to share with you this 5 best resources for free, high resolution, do-everything-you-want images. Our team at YMB Properties use them ourselves. So enjoy!
For the full list of free image resources, please check this blog post.
Guide For New Image Dimensions
Creating a customized header image and profile photo for your personal or business account is pretty matchless. New layout means new image dimensions. So here’s all the image sizes you need to consider for setting up a brand new Twitter account.
- Profile photo/ Avatar – Starts at 400×400 pixels; no maximum size specified by Twitter. You’ll have the option to crop the image during the upload process.
- Header Photo – 1500 pixels wide x 500 pixels high, 5MB maximum. Please take note of the image size as smaller and lower resolution photos will just give a struggling look to your header image.
- Background Image – Setting up a background image is still allowed on the new layout but not really needed. Background images will not be shown to others when they view your profile.
It’s important to also consider what your Twitter profile will look like across different devices, as some parts of the header are invisible to mobile users. I recommend using this template from TwelveSkip.com.
There you go! Now you can upgrade to the new Twitter layout with no worries!
Make it a great day!
By the way, I’d like to let you know we at YMB Team is running a brand new redesign with our Instant Twitter Presence to match this new Twitter Profile requirements! Stay tuned! This will be out very soon!