Haddon Sunblom is a little known illustrator who shaped your childhood. In 1931, Coca-Cola hired Haddon to create images of a jolly bearded man named Father Christmas. It was one of the most successful offline advertising campaigns of the 20th century.
Offline marketing works and the Internet hasn’t changed that. It remains one of the most effective ways of promoting products, creating leads and raising the profile of a business.
“66% of consumers responding to an offline advertisement visited the web site of the company advertised or a search engine to learn more”
In fact for the modern marketer, integrating offline and online advertising might be the powerful one-two knock out punch you need to raise the profile of your company.
Offline marketing is physical, it’s tangible and yields high quality lead. However, an offline campaign is only as good as the graphics you use.
In this post, I’d like to show you how graphics design can “make or break” your offline marketing. If you think of dumping prints, not so fast with these benefits!
1. Creates Impact and piques interest
“If it moves you, whether good emotion or bad emotion, chances are that it’s effective. Because it’s getting you to think about something, and it’s getting you to potentially take action… it is essentially a language for living”. – Debbie Millman, Design Matters
Graphics design for campaign prints may look simple, but it’s an art form. Striking images and perky colors create a focal point that wins consumer’s attention. When carefully blended they share a concept, an idea and a sense that has an impact and piques people’s interest.
Indeed, a great design is one of the key catalysts to get consumers interested in a product or service offered by a company. It sure can help your business create a “buzz” even offline.
2. Branding, Trust and Credibility
Trust and credibility are two major elements in generating any sale. Professional advertising material is a key part in generating that interest and converting a person on the street into a paying customer.
A successful offline advertising campaign is about applying your marketing knowledge to get results. Understanding for example that color increases brand recognition by 80%. That using red and white together in a ‘sale’ sign will attract attention and create leads.
Done correctly, offline campaigns raise a companies profile, create brand awareness and let you connect with your audience without lengthy product descriptions. Clarity sure helps in building credibility.
3. Offers affordable Options
Advertising can be difficult for small-scale businesses. You need to connect with your local clients, but you might not have the budget for radio or Television. The good news for ‘mom and pop shops’ is that offline graphics offer lots of options without taking a huge chunk of capital.
Traditional marketers can benefit from free design and layout services offered as a package from most print publications. You may check for a local printing house for your convenience.
Another option, which would be more practical, is to produce your own offline marketing graphics. You don’t have to be a Photoshop expert to be able to do it. There is a lot of innovative graphic software nowadays which makes designing as easy as “drag and drop.” I’ll share a short list at the latter part.
4. Brings Your Customers to you without the Help of search engines
Offline marketing graphics help you get more eyeballs on your business. If your business is operating on a local community, prints are a great way to get to the customers on your doorstep.
As mentioned earlier, one of the obvious benefits of print is that it’s tangible. Once people get their hands on it, say a business card, they keep it.
5. Keeps you ahead of the competition
The benefit of offline marketing graphics is very tangible. Famous brands such as McDonalds, Walmart, Starbucks and the rest still use printed advertising for the local franchisers.
Learning from the big brands can help you master effective marketing strategies, especially how to integrate both offline and online channels for maximum efficiency.
Quick Tools for Creating High Converting Offline Graphics
Not everyone has the time to learn how to use complicated graphic designs software like Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw and others. Good thing, creating professional graphics nowadays has never been easier.
Here are three tools you can use (and enjoy!) to produce instant high converting graphics like a pro.
1. Pixlr – is perhaps the best graphics design editor online! I love it myself. You can choose from three amazing sub-tools depending on your needs. These are Pixlr Editor, Pixlr Express and Pixlr O-matic. Check it out here. It’s even the powerful technology behind ImageSuite – one of our best plugins for WordPress.
2. Canva – is an innovative and stylish tool, which is also very user-friendly. Its “drag and drop” features are simply amazing and offer a huge set of predefined dimensions for both online and offline graphics. Check it out here.
And finally, our very own…
3. Instant Offline Presence – It may sound biased, but this is perhaps the best graphic design tool to create high converting offline and online graphics to date. It has the largest number of predefined dimensions and built-in templates that can be used to create flyers, business cards, racks and lots more! It’s easy, fast and even in 3D! Check it out here.
To sum it up…
– Offline marketing graphics can help leverage your advertising efforts
– Integration of offline and online advertising creates a powerful one-two punch tool for marketers
– Creating high converting offline graphics on your own is now possible with the aid of user-friendly tools such as Pixlr, Canva and Instant Offline Presence.
How about you? Do you still use offline channels for your marketing venture? If so, how do offline marketing graphics benefit your business?
Also, note that there are more web-based tools you can use to create offline marketing graphics. So please, if you want us to add more tools to this list, kindly share them in the comments below.
We love to hear from you!
Make it a great day,
Want to create and design your own campaign material? Checkout Offline Presence – the best graphics design creator for both online and offline marketing